Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Little Surf Girl

Right now, Gina and Julius and LilyAnn are visiting me from their teaching gig in China.  Because no trip to Australia in the summer is complete without a trip to the beach, we went to Bateman's Bay.  Since this was also my first trip to the beach since I got here, I was super excited.  We drove down on Australia Day Monday to our place in Surf Beach.

The kitchen of our condo

Back patio of the condo.  Would have been PERFECT if they had put up a hammock.

Pictures of Surf Beach

Surf Beach

Surf Beach
 Once we got to the condo and settled in, we ordered dinner and took it for a picnic on the beach.  We were all really excited to get to the beach....all except for LilyAnn.

Dont be fooled, I look happy but it is because I am not sitting in the sand or water.

Relaxation.

Uh, not sure what to think about this sand.

They would put her down in the water and she would pick up her feet!

Gina and Tracey are having a good time at the beach...but Lily isnt.

Dont I look cool in my sunnies?
 We stayed at the beach for a little while until Lily couldn't stand it any more.  We headed back to the condo for a movie and some rest before the next day.

Surf's Up bro!
 Julius and I took surf lessons.  We joined our surf school and learned the basics of surfing.  It was difficult but SO MUCH FUN!!! When I caught my first baby wave, I instantly knew the meaning behind all of the Beach Boys songs.  I never really understood surfing before I took this course but I can see how people just want to do that all day.  Since Im crazy out of shape, I couldnt do it ALL day but I sure did have fun.


Surfin Libras

Catching a wave
 After we went to the beach for the big kids to have fun, we found a "baby" beach where Lily might enjoy herself.  Turns out she couldnt care any less about the beach.  She sat in the water for a while but just wasnt feeling it.


The Moores at the "Baby Beach"

Hokies and a BABY Hokie soaking up the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like all (except LilyAnn) had a great time. We will have to try for Summer instead of Winter next time!

    ReplyDelete