Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Im the only Fool this April.

As I relaxed and enjoyed my long Easter holiday, I spoke to my family, did a little shopping, lots of laundry then had a minor heart attack when I realized that Oscar's registration (or REGO here) had EXPIRED.  *GULP*.  Since there was a public holiday (Easter Monday) the rego place was closed.  Tuesday morning, I hustled to the office and retrieved some paperwork that I needed then beat feet directly to the rego place.  Two hours later (lighting speed for Australian customer service), Oscar had some new flash!  If you remember, the plates I had were yellow and from New South Wales.  NOW, both Oscar and I are official residents of the Australian Capital Territory.  These are not Oscar's actual plates, but aside from the number they look exactly like these:


Aren't they spiffy?  They cost me $605.  For that kind of money, I think they should drive the car for me.  Evidently here, if you register a car, you also buy insurance.  You do not get to choose the insurance provider, you just take what they give you.  Then, you must get another private policy to cover other stuff.  I don't know how I feel about that.  On the one hand, you know that if some bozo hits you they are definitely covered with insurance.  On the other hand, I don't like being told what I will take (or how much it costs).

BUT THATS NOT ALL!

I also had a house inspection today.  They do these every 6 months, just like my property manager at home. I thought it was odd that they decided to do one after Ive only been here for 3 months but whatever.  I feel like I spent the day driving to and from my apartment and finding parking.  The property manager came and checked out everything and seemed fine with it.  Of course Jackie and Franklin turned up the charm, loving on the lady, allowing her to scratch their ears, meowing sweetly.  I wonder who switched my cats while I was at the rego place..... the amount of sucking up they did was epic.

Once that was over, it was time to return to the office for the 3rd time today.  Only it wasn't the third, it was the 4th.  As I pulled into the driveway at the office, I realize, I forgot my badge at my apartment.  DOH!  So back home I went to retrieve it.  Good thing I did because I met another neighbor....and he was NOT creepy.  :D  I definitely hope to run into that neighbor again very soon.  So back to the office I went to finish the day.  I feel that I have only spent the day going in and out of the parking lot.  Hopefully the rest of the week will be much less eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment